Download PDF flyer for the event:
Escher String Quartet Flyer
The American Beethoven Society invites the members to a special evening …
The 25th Annual Beethoven Summer Bash
A potluck dinner and musical entertainment celebrating
the 200th anniversary of Beethoven’s letter of July 6-7, 1812,
to the mysterious “Immortal Beloved”
for the members of the American Beethoven Society & their guests*
at the home of Charlene Archibeque and Bob Melnikoff
Los Altos Hills, California
An occasion to greet old and make new friends,
feast on fine foods at a summer potluck,
and enjoy music.
Sunday evening, June 24, 2012
Social hour: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Dinner: 5:30 p.m.
Musical entertainment: 6:30 p.m.
Please bring one dish that will serve 8 for each member of your party
(appetizer, salad, vegetable tray, vegetarian main dish, meat/fish main dish,
or dessert) and a bottle of your favorite wine or beverage.
RSVP to Kathy Fox with the enclosed form by Wednesday, June 20th
For more information, please contact Mrs. Fox at (408) 808-2058
*Members are especially encouraged to invite friends
who may be interested in joining
the American Beethoven Society!
2012 Young Pianist’s Beethoven Competition
Master Teacher: Ronald Brautigam
FINALISTS (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Shanice Aaron (Sherman Oaks), Sonata in B-flat Major, Opus 22, no. 11 Teacher: Anli Lin Tong
- Tyler Chen Hayford (Santa Cruz), Sonata in C Major, Opus 53, no. 21 Waldstein Teacher: Vlada Moran
- Sam Kinsey (Northridge), Sonata in D Major, Opus 10, no. 3 Teacher: Antoinette Perry
- Kai Ono (Irvine), Sonata in E-Minor, Opus 90 Teacher: Chi Asada
- Stephanie Tang (Upland), Sonata in F Minor, Opus 57, no. 23 Appassionata Teacher: Ory Shihar
- Rebecca Wuu (Fremont), Sonata in E-flat, Major Opus 81a, Les Adieux Teacher: Hans Boepple
- Magdalene Peng (Palo Alto), Sonata F-sharp Major, Opus 78 Teacher: Karen Lin Peng
- Renny Ko (San Jose) Teacher: Erna Gulabyan
- Brandon Shih (Cupertino) Teacher: Jinye Wang
April 20, 2012. Ronald Brautigam, piano. 8:00 p.m. Le Petit Trianon, San Jose.
All Beethoven program: “Pathétique” Sonata, op. 13; “Eroica” Variations, op. 35;
“Moonlight” Sonata, op. 27, no. 2; “Appassionata” Sonata, op. 57
March 14, 2012. 7:00 p.m. First Wednesdays Lecture Series
Chamber music with Eric Hoeprich and David Goldblatt.
Beethoven’s Trio for Clarinet, Violoncello, and Fortepiano, op. 11; Conradin Kreutzer’s Trio for Clarinet, Violoncello, and Fortepiano in E-flat Major.
Free but seating is limited.
Come celebrate Beethoven’s Birthday this weekend at the Beethoven Center.