Download PDF flyer for the event:
Escher String Quartet Flyer
The American Beethoven Society invites the members to a special evening …
The 25th Annual Beethoven Summer Bash
A potluck dinner and musical entertainment celebrating
the 200th anniversary of Beethoven’s letter of July 6-7, 1812,
to the mysterious “Immortal Beloved”
for the members of the American Beethoven Society & their guests*
at the home of Charlene Archibeque and Bob Melnikoff
Los Altos Hills, California
An occasion to greet old and make new friends,
feast on fine foods at a summer potluck,
and enjoy music.
Sunday evening, June 24, 2012
Social hour: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Dinner: 5:30 p.m.
Musical entertainment: 6:30 p.m.
Please bring one dish that will serve 8 for each member of your party
(appetizer, salad, vegetable tray, vegetarian main dish, meat/fish main dish,
or dessert) and a bottle of your favorite wine or beverage.
RSVP to Kathy Fox with the enclosed form by Wednesday, June 20th
For more information, please contact Mrs. Fox at (408) 808-2058
*Members are especially encouraged to invite friends
who may be interested in joining
the American Beethoven Society!
2012 Young Pianist’s Beethoven Competition
Master Teacher: Ronald Brautigam
FINALISTS (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Shanice Aaron (Sherman Oaks), Sonata in B-flat Major, Opus 22, no. 11 Teacher: Anli Lin Tong
- Tyler Chen Hayford (Santa Cruz), Sonata in C Major, Opus 53, no. 21 Waldstein Teacher: Vlada Moran
- Sam Kinsey (Northridge), Sonata in D Major, Opus 10, no. 3 Teacher: Antoinette Perry
- Kai Ono (Irvine), Sonata in E-Minor, Opus 90 Teacher: Chi Asada
- Stephanie Tang (Upland), Sonata in F Minor, Opus 57, no. 23 Appassionata Teacher: Ory Shihar
- Rebecca Wuu (Fremont), Sonata in E-flat, Major Opus 81a, Les Adieux Teacher: Hans Boepple
- Magdalene Peng (Palo Alto), Sonata F-sharp Major, Opus 78 Teacher: Karen Lin Peng
- Renny Ko (San Jose) Teacher: Erna Gulabyan
- Brandon Shih (Cupertino) Teacher: Jinye Wang
April 20, 2012. Ronald Brautigam, piano. 8:00 p.m. Le Petit Trianon, San Jose.
All Beethoven program: “Pathétique” Sonata, op. 13; “Eroica” Variations, op. 35;
“Moonlight” Sonata, op. 27, no. 2; “Appassionata” Sonata, op. 57
March 14, 2012. 7:00 p.m. First Wednesdays Lecture Series
Chamber music with Eric Hoeprich and David Goldblatt.
Beethoven’s Trio for Clarinet, Violoncello, and Fortepiano, op. 11; Conradin Kreutzer’s Trio for Clarinet, Violoncello, and Fortepiano in E-flat Major.
Free but seating is limited.
Come celebrate Beethoven’s Birthday this weekend at the Beethoven Center.
Running now till December 21st at the Beethoven Center in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Library in San Jose, CA.